Thursday, September 8, 2011

Janmashthami 2011

This Janmashthami I prepared the regular mithais the way i do it every year. I prepared the coconut burfi, makhana dipped in sugar, makhana kheer, and bheej ki burfi . But all this was not enough to make my 4y old daughter realize how important this festival was for her as it use to be for me when i was a kid. So to make it a really special birthday party for our little Krishna we decided to make something special. Poorva came up with ideas like balloons and streamers , which i would say every birthday party always has, but then a special swing would be the best idea. As soon as it clicked our minds,we were ready with our scissors and glue . I used my old carton from ikea to make the base and one of our gift wraps (also from ikea) to make it look festive. And here we were ready with our beautiful "Jhula"(swing) for our little Krishna.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Sweet Soumya :)

JOLLY said...

Beautiful work soumya !!

Anonymous said...

precious celebrations.. :-)

SV said...

Lord krishna might have loved the swing! looks preety..