Monday, April 25, 2011

This is my first blog and it seems as if i had been just waiting to write one for years. . I am a simple soul who loves to design her dreams ...dream to fly in the sky or a dream to make my own portrait . As a kid i remember telling people that i want to be an artist when i grow up , never ever did i say a doctor or an engineeer, but as i grew my parent's dream was my ambition. Ambition to be a doctor. Soon it got shattered when i did not qualify after trying for 2 years. I gave my NIFT entrance ...the only exam and went to hyderabad to complete my 3 years of Fashion Design.




My college days were one of my best days of my life, and i still say that after 9 years . It changed me as an individual and as a professional. Graduating from NIFT with those awards and recognisions...gave me lot of confidence . My first job was as a designer for a Boys company . This company gave me lots of freedom to Design and explore. I did everything from Design silhouttes to graphics. After 1 1/2 y in this comapany i got a chance to work with "Omega Designs" . The place where i got my wings. I travelled to different destinations including London, Paris, Barcelona, Hongkong, US almost twice in a year.I grew as a professional too, started as a designer and soon i was the head designer with a team .






Then my career took a break. My Daughter and our relocation to Charlotte, USA. I guess there must be millions like me but at that point of time it seemed as if i was the only one. After three years of being a full time home maker i relocated to NJ. Here i am today trying to get back to my design and my career. Hoping i am going to find something soon.





































































No comments: